- Who's in this club anyway?
- We are a friendly group of queer women and men who enjoy bicycling. (Straight friends can cycle with us, too.) We welcome cyclists of all abilities, casual bikers and serious racers alike.
- How do I join?
- Use the "Join" button on the left side of this page. The one-time $5 membership fee you pay is used to maintain our website.
- When are the rides?
- Rides can be at any time but are most often on weekday evenings and weekends. All upcoming rides may be found in the calendar.
- How do I lead a ride?
- Become a member and post your ride on our calendar. For tips on how to be a successful ride leader, consult the Rides section.
- What other activities may I post on our website?
- Potlucks, dinners at restaurants, weekend trips, bar meet-ups, movies, etc. Just be sure to designate these in the category of "social event" on the calendar. Note: this website is not to be exploited for commercial, political or offensive purposes.
- Why does the website forget that I am logged in?
- What if I want to race?
- Members can add racing events to the calendar. Some members have raced at the Gay Games.
- I haven't been on my bike this year. Is there a ride I could go on?
- Yes. An "Easy" ride is the pace for you to start out. You can eventually move up to the next level. Check out the Rides section.
- How will I know the route?
- We always ride as a group and there will be a ride leader who will know the route.
- How do I contact the ride leader?
- Members can click on the ride leaderís name in either the calendar or message board area.
- Can I volunteer to help the club?
- Yes! Leading a ride is the most important way to volunteer. Other volunteer opportunities include web page maintenance, special event coordination or serving as a board member. Contact us for more information about these and other opportunities.
- What if I don't own clipless pedals?
- You are not alone; not all of us do.
- I'm from out of town. Can I join a ride when visiting the area?
- Yes, we hope you will. Check the upcoming rides in the calendar. Let members know you are coming by contacting us. Someone will be glad to show you the ropes.
- Is my privacy protected?
- Absolutely. Different Spokes does not share your information with anyone. There is a privacy check-box on the membership form. You can update your profile at any time. Please note: If you post a ride to the calendar, your e-mail address and phone number will be made available to other members only.